Thursday, June 30, 2011

To Bead Or Not To Bead..... That was the question?

     Hi my name is Marianne. I started to make jewelry about 7 yrs ago. Being a mom of 3 keeps me busy, and in any down time I get I like to make things like jewelry, stamping, candles, soaps, etc. or I am thinking about making new stuff.  I know... when do I have down time?... I keep asking myself that question.
     The great part about making your own jewelry is that you can really make anything you want, and if you don't like the way it turns out you can always change it.
     I got into it thinking that I was just going to make gifts for friends and maybe the odd piece for myself on the occasion. I ended up being better at it than I thought. Friends started to ask me to make stuff for them! I couldn't believe it! So I did. Now my house is filled with beads, wire, and a bunch of tools that I am surprised I know how to use. It is wonderful to learn how to make new things.
      I started out with just the simple glass bead and elastic wire kits. Then I moved on to wire wrapping, femo beads, shrinky dink, and more. I would LOVE to get into metal clay sometime in the future as well. There are so many possibilities.
     In January I took a step forward and opened an Etsy shop...(Shameless plug ) http://www.etsy.com/shop/katiebugcreations76?ref=si_shop . Or "like" me at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Katiebug-Creations/205486276143078?ref=hnav. Come check me out, I would love to hear from you.
     About a month ago I also got into making hair clips. The material available is endless. I had the great idea of making a necklace that you can have a flower on it, or use the flower as a hair clip.
     When I started my blog I was just going to write about the funny stories about my kids but that didn't happen and I was hardly ever on. But I figured I could revamp and start to show off the stuff I make. Plus add in the cool shops I have come across on Etsy. And websites of friends that have great stuff. Showcase great art and so on, and maybe the funny little kid story along the way. I have plans for my little blog. I hope you will enjoy it as well. I just need to get working on it. See you soon.
    

No comments: