Wednesday, July 6, 2011

No Love in your cooking

My husband tells me that all the time. I admit it is true. I don't love to cook food for dinner or breakfast. Can I cook? Yes. Do I want to? No. Baking on the other hand I like to do, I do that well.
But there is one thing I love to do... Decorating!

I can do that really well without any training in it. But it is not without it's hazards. I had a string of cakes that were sacrificed to my youngest that we dubbed "The Destroyer".
Anyway after many long nights of obsessed creating, despite my husbands call to go to sleep. I made it to the position of being asked to make stuff for other people.
It happened today while making cupcakes for a shower I managed to screw up a box mix of cake. All by myself. I have NEVER done that. Call it baking karma. I don't know where my head was but I hope I was able to salvage it. They looked OK when they came out of the oven but it still has to pass the taste test.  I can say that I still have love for the decorating and I hope you have a better day than my baking skills are.

No comments: